Exhibitor Code of Conduct, Guidelines and Instructions
The following Code of Conduct, Guidelines and Instructions have been compiled to ensure that both exhibitors and visitors to our event have the best possible experience and truly enjoy their participation. They were established following consultation with fellow vendors and following years of experience participating in similar events.
Online Exhibitor Registration Form – WE ARE SOLD OUT FOR 2017 (register to be added to our waiting list)
Information for Exhibitors (click here)
If you need any clarification or have comments, please contact us.
Code of Conduct
- Be courteous and cooperative with your fellow exhibitors and visitors.
- All products displayed and sold must be VEGAN (i.e. containing no animal products, including but not limited to dairy products, eggs, honey or beeswax).
- Please ensure that you are completely set up at least 15 minutes in advance of the opening of the event (i.e. by 9:45 am).
- You must remain open for business until the close of the show floor each day (i.e. until 4 pm). To do otherwise is not courteous to show visitors and other exhibitors around you. You may not be able to participate in Ottawa Veg Fest in the future if this occurs.
- If you need to replenish your supply of products (including food) at your booth, please do so in a manner that does not disrupt other exhibitors and visitors. If you require access to an exterior door during the show for this purpose, please request this on your registration form.
- Ensure that you comply with all locally applicable laws and regulations, and have the appropriate business insurance. (We don’t want you to get into any trouble!)
- Do not place any furniture, signage, products or any other materials outside of your prescribed booth limits. (this can cause congestion and safety issues)
- Only distribute printed materials to visitors and engage visitors from inside your booth (visitors don’t like to be accosted as they walk in the aisles through the show).
- Do not leave your booth unattended (this is just really bad form and gives your company a bad image). In the event that you absolutely have to leave your booth (for a bathroom break for instance) please inform your adjacent exhibitors of your expected return time and/or try to get a Veg Fest volunteer to staff your booth in your absence.
- If you are selling products and/or services onsite please bring sufficient cash as change. Please don’t depend upon other exhibitors to help. Come prepared.
- Wherever possible use recyclable, biodegradable or compostable bags, cups, cutlery etc. for takeaway products.
- Ensure that you comply with all applicable laws and regulations, and have whatever insurance is necessary for you business (we don’t want you to get into any trouble!).
- All furnishings provided should be treated with the utmost care and must not be damaged in any way.
- You may suspend a light sign or banner from the metal pipe which supports the fabric panels behind your booth using light wire or string and hooks (metal shower rod hooks work well). Please do NOT use tape, pins, staples or otherwise attach anything to the fabric panels.
- Selling products and services from your booth is permitted (some shows don’t allow this). See below for specific information related to sales of food products.
- Wireless Internet and phone lines are not available onsite for debit or credit card transactions, but cell phone service is available (which allows use of Square technology).
- There is an ATM machine on the premises (near the main entrance).
- Wherever possible use recyclable, biodegradable or compostable bags, cups, take-out containers, cutlery etc. for takeaway products.
- All furnishings on site must be treated with the utmost care and must not be damaged in any way (just pretend their yours!).
Instructions for Vendors of Food and Drinks
- You are permitted to offer samples and sell food and drink products from your booth.
- You are NOT permitted to sell complete meals (as there is a restaurant onsite) but you may sell small samples of food that your business normally sells.
- Food products must be sold in a package of some kind. Please use recyclable or biodegradable packages wherever possible.
- All products displayed and sold must be VEGAN (i.e. containing no animal products, including but not limited to dairy products, eggs, honey or beeswax). No exceptions!
- If your products contain any nuts or are made in a facility where nuts are present, you must display a notice that indicates this. This requirement reflects the prevalence of nut allergies in our community.
- If you require electricity, please order it when you register. Please note that limited electric service will be available, so please bring equipment that uses as little power as possible. Unless you need power, we’d prefer you not use it. Use of stainless steel chafing dishes is recommended to keep food warm rather than exclusive use of electric warmers. Cold drinks can be chilled on ice. If you have special needs please let us know.
- A source of water is NOT available at your booth. Washrooms are located within the proximity of the show floor. They should NOT be used for cleaning up, but can be used as a source of water.
- If you offer samples you must provide a garbage receptacle at your booth for any disposables (spoons, toothpicks, cups etc.) and empty it regularly into the large onsite waste and recycling bins.
- If you are selling food and/or offering food samples, you must provide warning signage related to any contents for which visitors may have an allergic reaction. From our experience, it is better to avoid use of these products (e.g. tree nuts).
- Please ensure that any food (including samples) are prepared, stored and distributed in a hygienic manner consistent with local regulations and bylaws.
- If you are selling drinks in glass or plastic bottles or metal cans, please provide your own recycling bin and encourage your customers to recycle (and empty it regularly into large onsite recycling bins).
- Please ensure that any lines of customers are in front of your booth and do not disrupt adjacent vendors.